Wednesday, June 04, 2014

Busy Bee: Summer Care, the Library, and shopping.

I apologize for not having a Pinterest post this week, but I am just wiped out. Monday and Tuesday morning I woke up at 5:20am so that I could get ready and my mother and I could leave on time to open up summer care at 7am. This is most exhausting job I have ever had (I've only had two jobs in my whole life before this, including the library where I am now). With kids ranging from 3-11 years old, as well as some that speak varying degrees of English, my first two days were definitely not boring. And ya know what? I can't wait to go back. There is something so rewarding about taking care of children for me. This helps me realize that I picked the right major, along with the fact that the only thing I miss while not taking classes is choir.
Yesterday we did a craft that involved painting a paper plate, cutting it in a spiral, and hanging it in the breeze way outside. Before this we did two other crafts, so I was worried the kids would not be able to focus and would just bombard me with "Ms. Sky what are we doing next?!". But nope. They loved it so much that many of the children came to me asking for another plate. Some of the kids ended up making five different ones. I was amazed. (Sorry, no pictures!)
Today and tomorrow I am working at the library (my normal job) and I'm excited about that too. We're doing a lot of shifting projects, and they are putting in new art for the first time who knows how long. I know they haven't changed any of it since my freshman year. Also I love all of the people that I work with, the other student workers are bookworms and nerds like me. And so are the staff! Well, most of them. ;)
Mixed in with that excitement and busy-ness, it seems that I have become something that I never thought I would be: a shopper. Two years ago I was ~50lbs heavier that I am today. I despised shopping because nothing that I liked looked good on me. I was lumpy in the wrong places and embarrassed about my sizes. Then I made a change and decided to stop drinking soda and replace it with water. I have since started drinking soda again, but the weight continued to melt off. I believe that I (finally) lost all of my baby fat. Now that I am comfortable with myself, I can't stop buying clothes. One of the reasons for this is that none of my clothes fit anymore! They are all much too big, and for that, I am glad. I am continuously going through my old clothing and donating it to Goodwill, meaning that I need to replace those pieces and build up my wardrobe again. I can't wait to get my paycheck... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment