Saturday, April 26, 2014

Unpacking day.

As I type this I am sitting in my bedroom at my parent's house, surrounded by my life in (and not in) boxes. It's very daunting. I say that, because I look around and wonder why the hell I need all of this stuff! But I know that as soon as I open the first box I'm going to find something that is going to evoke some emotion or set off some memory from my sophomore year of college. And that's when I remember that I keep all of these things BECAUSE they mean something to me.

6 hours later:                (RHCP - Minor Thing) 
No, I haven't finished unpacking... I keep getting distracted. One of the first things I found was my collectible Dumbledore/Elder Wand, and of course I got side-tracked into putting all my HP things together. B) I got the wand a couple of weeks ago when Jason and I went to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, and it is one of my favorite things I got there. We had such a great time together among all of the HP-nerdiness.




7 hours later:      (Death Cab for Cutie - We Looked Like Giants)
Still not completely done... Don't judge me. My cat, Madeline (pictured left), demanded my attention. I'll tell you more about her later. The great thing about unpacking is that it's given a lot of time to think about what direction I would like to go to with this blog. I've decided that this is just going top be a place where I share my thoughts, travels, crafts, recipes, and general nerdiness. I also discovered a few things: over the course of the year, I've collected about 3 binder's worth of music. Also, I have a lot of books that I haven't read. I started double shelving some of my bookshelves today, and it made me very sad to see some books that I haven't even read being covered up. To remedy this, I'm going to read them (of course!). The first book I've chosen in The Girl Who Fell From The Sky by Heidi W. Durrow. I remember purchasing this book from a Target thinking the description was mildly interesting and "Hey! That's my name on a book!". I'll post my thoughts on the story when I finish!

1 hour later:    (Brand New - Jude Law and a Semester Abroad)
Done. I have so much stuff, but I love my stuff! I love all of my pictures, all of the saved recital posters, books, old music, pens and pencils, figurines, and plushies. While I did throw away (or gather for GoodWill) a lot of things today, I know I won't regret not seeing any of those things ever again. It took a lot of organization and deep breaths to get to the bottom of all of those boxes that were stacked around my room this morning, but I did it, and I feel better. Everything has a place and is in it. Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment