Saturday, January 24, 2015

My First Amigurumi!

Thursday afternoon I embarked on a journey, my first amigurumi pattern. And let me tell you... it was a lot easier than I thought it would be. I used this pattern for his head, ears, wings, and body (though I did add some rows to make it taller). I used bigger yarn and hook than called for, because I didn't want some dinky little thing. He need to be sort of substantial! I used this pattern for the heart. I free handed the feet, which is why they don't match, but I think it's kind of cute. I also free handed the cape, because I couldn't really find a pattern that fit my purposes.My biggest mistake was waiting until the head was almost done to attach the ears. It was so freaking hard really difficult to get into the tiny hole I left myself to tie them off. As for the teeth, I experimented with placement and different yarns, and ended up just wrapping some red yarn around the white to give them to bloody effect. I also believe that I may have over stuffed the head just a titch, because you can see the poly-fil in certain angles. The hardest part was the body. I had to start making that, and then stop, make the wings. Then the heart, attached to the tips of the wings and THEN finished and stuffed all the parts. But over all, I'm super happy with him and I really hope that my Valentine for #bookishvday2015 loves him as much as I do!

1 comment:

  1. You are going to have the happiest bookishvday2015 person EVAH!