Wednesday, October 15, 2014

WIP Wednesdays!

My first WIP to share with you: this blog.
I believe I tried to jump in too fast. This is going to be my new weekly post. Start out small, ya know? Plus, I'm usually always working on something, whether it be a paper or a craft.

Recently I took up crocheting. If you follow me on Pinterest, this is probably obvious to you, as 90% of what I repin is crochet related these days. It's also pretty much all I talk about. Sorry non-crafty friends!
There are a LOT of ideas running through my head and patterns on my board, but I do not have the skills to achieve these things yet. Thus far in my crocheting journey, I have trashed two scarves and one hat. I was disappointed in them. So, I have begun working on granny squares. One, because they will help me improve my technique, and two, because when I have enough, I can make a blanket! It would make a great Christmas present.

With that said, here are some of my completed/WIP granny squares:
3x3
I didn't say they were all good...
I used a really small yarn for this, and though it is shaped wrong, I'm happy with the way it turned out.
My first 6x6.

Making another 6x6.


Next is a hat that I'm working on. It's not even close to done because the yarn is small and I have no patience for single crochet. I love the nuances in a pattern.
 






There will be more WIP's in the next month or so, I plan on crafting most people's Christmas gifts. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment